- Only certain consumer checking accounts, including non-interest earning checking accounts, are eligible for this offer. Teen CheckingSM, GreenhouseSM accounts, and the prepaid Wells Fargo EasyPay® Card are not eligible for this offer.
- This offer is intended for new checking customers only. You must have a valid bonus offer code. You are not eligible for this offer if:
- You are a current owner of a Wells Fargo consumer checking account
- You are a Wells Fargo team member
- You have received a bonus for opening a Wells Fargo consumer checking account within the past 12 months
To receive a $400 bonus, open a new, eligible Wells Fargo consumer checking account with a minimum opening deposit of $25 by December 31, 2019.
All account applications are subject to approval.
Within 150 days of account opening, receive a cumulative monthly total of $3,000 or more in qualifying direct deposits to the checking account opened for this bonus offer for three consecutive months. During this time your new account balance must be $1 or more.
- A qualifying direct deposit is the customer's salary, pension, Social Security, or other regular monthly income, electronically deposited through the Automated Clearing House (ACH) network by your employer or an outside agency.
Non-qualifying direct deposits for purposes of this offer include transfers from one account to another (for example, transfers between your own accounts, or person-to-person transfers using a transfer service such as Zelle®), or deposits made at a branch or ATM, or through mobile deposit.
- We will deposit the bonus into your new checking account within 45 days after meeting all offer requirements.
- The new checking account must remain open in order to receive any earned bonus payments.
- You are responsible for any federal, state, or local taxes due on the bonus and we will report as income to the tax authorities if required by applicable law. Consult your tax advisor.
Additional Important Information:
- Offer expires December 31, 2019
- This offer may be limited to participating locations – please refer to the offer communication for additional details.
- Offer subject to change and may be discontinued at any time without notice.
Offer cannot be:
- paid without a valid a U.S. Taxpayer Identification Number (W-9)
- combined with any other consumer deposit offer (limit one bonus per customer/account)
- reproduced, purchased, sold, transferred, or traded
1. The Wells Fargo Everyday Checking account monthly service fee is $10. Minimum opening deposit is $25.
The monthly service fee can be avoided with any one of the following each fee period:
- Maintain a $1,500 minimum daily balance
- $500 or more in total qualifying direct deposits
- A qualifying direct deposit is a direct deposit of your salary, pension, Social Security, or other regular monthly income electronically deposited through the Automated Clearing House (ACH) network to this checking account by your employer or an outside agency.
- Non-qualifying direct deposits include transfers from one account to another, or deposits made at a branch or ATM, or through mobile deposit.
- 10 or more posted debit card transactions (any combination of posted debit card purchases or posted debit card payments of bills) from this checking account each fee period.
- Debit card purchases include PIN, signature, online, phone, and mobile wallet.
- Debit card payments including one-time or recurring. Examples: utility bill/gym membership.
- Any transaction at an ATM (Wells Fargo or non-Wells Fargo).
- Automated Clearing House (ACH) transactions. ACH transactions are set up using your checking account number and routing number – NOT a debit card number.
- A linked Wells Fargo Campus ATM or Campus Debit Card.
The primary account owner is 17 – 24 years old. (On the primary account owner’s 25th birthday, the account is automatically subject to the monthly service fee unless you meet one of the other options to avoid the monthly service fee).
Zelle and the Zelle related marks are wholly owned by Early Warning Services, LLC and are used herein under license.